Job Description: Account Executive
Climpson & Sons are one of the pioneers of the evolving London specialty coffee scene. With two cafes of our own and proudly supplying a growing number of cafes, restaurants and businesses across London and the UK
We have a great opportunity for someone to join our wholesale team in account management. Climpson & Sons has a wonderful group of customers and we are looking for someone to be the key point of contact and work with our customers to meet their needs and go on a coffee journey with them. This is a role for someone who is keen to jump in and get to know our customers through phone to phone and face to face interactions. You will be dynamic, thrive on a challenge, be adaptable and love to offer all round customer service through the good and the less good.
The role of the Account Executive is to be the first point of contact to our customer base. You hold the information about each individual customer and their needs.
The role of the Account Executive is to provide systematic and in depth care for Climpson & Sons wholesale customers in the greater London area, that upholds the standards of excellent customer relationships and builds on these relationships to strengthen the ties between supplier and customer.
The AE should provide a regular and well maintained calendar of contact with all allocated customers that includes but is not limited to; visits, events, training (on site and in the academy), onboarding support and technical support.
The AE will manage their portfolio of customers to provide an equal level of support to all customers and to ensure those customers thrive and ‘get the most’ out of their relationship with C&S.
The AE should act as a first port of call for their portfolio of wholesale customers and be able to answer or help triage support requests. Beyond this, the AE is expected to think creatively and proactively on ways to foster and grow new relationships and existing ones, to best support the customer and engage with them.
The goal is to work with our customers to get the best out of the relationship, promote quality coffee, sustainable business and partnership.
Key Day to Day Responsibilities:
- First line of support for newly onboarded customers: week 1 check in, 3 month check in, on site training.
- Keeping regular, casual contact with a set roster of customers using a systematic approach that means each customer is visiting at a minimum once per quarter.
- Training; following up with on-site check-ins to check they are utilising newly learnt skills.
- Liaise with the training team to keep up to date records and keep an eye on ‘problem’ customers.
- Maintaining proper records of customers e.g what products they use, contact info etc. on Insightly.
- Identify new business opportunities among existing customers. Focus on upselling with the current customer base e.g ancillaries, new coffees, guest filter spots.
- Know the Climpsons product range inside and out
- Key point of contact and communication for maintenance contract and supply contract reviews.
- Assisting with the full technical calendar for roster of customers - services, filter changes, PVIs.
- Build the wholesale database including increasing sign ups to wholesale newsletter and adding key contacts and relevant notes to Insightly.
- Basic maintenance (water filters and small fixes such as seals) and support/call outs for all customers.
- Being available to lead training in times of need, being comfortable leading core training at the academy and on site.
- Liaising with training, sales and logistics regularly to discuss account quality, changes to orders, new accounts etc.
- Attending installs - Hosting at least 1 Cupping Club per quarter
Skills & Qualifications
- A passion for working with people
- A minimum of two years working in a high-end speciality coffee environment
- A minimum of two years in a management capacity
- Enjoys travelling and meeting new people
- Exceptional coffee preparation skills and coffee knowledge
- You will be able to adapt to different environments and customers, and not be afraid to pick up the phone, problem solve and negotiate challenging situations.
- An understanding of the ins and outs of running a cafe would be preferable.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience with equipment and troubleshooting.
- Experience in public speaking or training people.
- You will be required to travel outside of London occasionally
- All you can drink specialty coffee
- Reduced rates on food & beverage at Climpsons Cafe and Brat.
- Weekly yoga at a reduced rate
- Opportunities to learn and develop your coffee and management skills
- Staff BBQs and events
- Bcorp certified business
Please apply with a CV and cover letter about your experience and why you are the best person for the role to careers@ climpsonandsons .com