Climpson & Sons are one of the pioneers of the evolving London specialty coffee scene, supplying a growing number of cafes, restaurants and businesses across London, the UK and Europe.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to further their career in the speciality coffee sector and to grow within our company.
The daily focus of the role is to educate and support our wholesale customers to a high professional standard. Ability to teach and inspire customers about specialty coffee and to assist in on the spot training, equipment maintenance and troubleshooting is a must. You will need experience in using coffee machines and grinders, as well as cleaning and basic technical skills.
The key tasks of this role are:
- Booking and organising barista training sessions for our wholesale customers
- Assisting the Training and Account Management teams with trainings of different levels.
- Educating our customers to a high standard of coffee knowledge through the Climpson’s Coffee Academy tier structure.
- Assisting with relationship maintenance and building: our customers require attention, visits on a regular basis and follow-ups on training.
- Supporting and reporting to our sales & account management team on a daily basis
- Supporting the Climpson’s Home Barista Academy
- It is expected you will provide on the spot training and also may receive out-of-hours contact from customers.
- Support ‘troubleshooting’ and technical assistance
- Assisting with installs and machine maintenance.
- Assisting with stock control of spares and barista tools
- Trade shows: you will be expected to represent the company at various trade shows.
- Keep up with developments in coffee making and communicate them to our customers.
- Attend training “calibration” sessions and regular cuppings.
Skills & Qualifications
- An outgoing personality and a passion for working with people
- A minimum of three years working in a high-end speciality coffee environment
- Experience with troubleshooting equipment and coffee issues
- Enjoys travelling and meeting new people
- Exceptional coffee preparation skills and coffee knowledge
- Experience in alternative brew methods
- You will have a professional attitude and be a problem solver
- Ability to have patience and adapt your style to different customer needs.
- An understanding of the ins and outs of running a cafe
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Please get in touch with a short personal intro about your experience, why you are the best person for the role and your CV. Email email@example.com