Cafe Cook/Chef Climpson & Sons cafe
Reports to: Cafe Manager
Climpson & Sons are a busy independent cafe located in Broadway Market with a new Coffee Bar in Old Spitalfields Market. We’re looking for a passionate Cafe cook to join our team on a full time basis. Our goal is to offer an amazing coffee & food experience for our customers and continue the natural progression of our interest in crafting artisan products and be a welcoming venue for the local community.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone with a great attitude, who truly loves food and feeding people, is organised and efficient.
We are a very passionate team and our food is very important to us from both a sustainability perspective as well as a flavour perspective! We are looking for someone who is full of ideas and motivation and wants the perfect outlet with a team full of geeks who are willing to taste all the deliciousness. This is a role very much in the public eye and the customer experience is at the heart of everything we do at Climpsons so it’s important you enjoy seeing people eat your food!
Working closely with the Cafe Manager you will have creative licence to redesign our food offering! This is a rare opportunity to not only learn about coffee but help take the cafe to a new level. We supply our cafe on Broadway Market from the Arch kitchen, so the job role will include a prep day.
We have a very unique and dynamic role opening at our cafe and coffee bar. This role is very much a people focused role and will be a combination of the following jobs:
- Liaising with the Cafe Manager to produce a fresh and interesting food offering in the cafe. With the intention of having a few rotating weekly specials.
- Keep the team interested in food by making them taste something every shift.
- Constantly seeking new and interesting suppliers and taking control of all food supplier communications.
- Take control of a wider gluten free offering in the cafe.
- When on shift in the cafe you will interact with customers, be ready to answer any questions or offer samples in quiet periods. We have amazing customers who will always give valuable feedback.
- Open to research on vegan, vegetarian and food sustainability.
- Take control of allergens, costings and relevant food safety documentation.
- Assist the Cafe Manager in maintaining high standards with paperwork and food safety.
- Take full control of monitoring food wastage. Liaise with the Head Barista to also monitor coffee wastage.
- Assist the Cafe Manager on food training the team and arranging regular tastings so that the team are knowledgeable about our food and our ingredients.
- Work towards having every single one of our ingredients be fully traceable and local with the hopes of us being able to publish this information for our customers.
- You will be working doing both food prep away from the cafe as well as directly customer facing so it is important you enjoy customer interaction.
- Working closely with the food assistants to produce a wider in house range of energy bites or small afternoon treats to be supplied at both the cafe and the pod.
- Take control of the food menu wording and design and to liaise closely with the team to always have this updated.
- You will be responsible for reporting any maintenance issues directly to the Cafe Manager. This will also include maintenance of knives and kitchen utensils.
- Keep the food bible up to date and easily accessible to all staff members. This will include pictures of food presentation and step by step assembly instructions.
- Maintain the arch kitchen to a high standard and fully utilising prep time.