Cafe Kitchen Residency
Cafe Kitchen Residency
Climpson & Sons iconic cafe on Broadway Market invites a summer food residency in our kitchen space. We’re really excited to find a unique business to collaborate with us to provide an all-day offering to the people of London Fields.
Opportunity to showcase your business to up to 800 customers a day from our busy Broadway Market takeaway spot. You’ll gain use of customer facing window space in our shop front for grab-and-go foods as well as use of our indoor kitchen space to plate foods to order. We are looking for an independent-business to provide a takeaway food offering to compliment our busy coffee trade. You’ll benefit from promotion on our social media channels, newsletter and blog as well as all the best staff coffee around.
Food-focussed, C&S has a wide history of hosting residencies, pop-ups and supper clubs from Climpson’s Arch many of whom have gone on to open brilliant restaurants of their own. This includes Tomos Parry of Brat who is currently taking residency at the Arch. We’re looking for someone we can work alongside with an equal value on quality produce, traceability and sustainability.
The finer details,
- Limited kitchen space with no extraction unit means we are slightly restricted in the equipment you can use. Hot foods are limited to smaller pieces of equipment such as rice cookers, sandwich press etc. Would suit a business with a prep space elsewhere, or an offering based on cold foods.
- Business to operate takeaway only, with the option to use our window display for ‘grab and go’ offering, foods to order or a combination of both.
- Serving within the hours of 7.00 - 21.00 . Choose the hours to suit.
- Sadly, no a-frame boards permitted, but the opportunity to promote yourself using window space and menus at ordering point. As well as through our social media platforms.
- Residents to provide their own supply of serving plates, bowls, cutlery etc.
- Evidence of strict food hygiene and allergy protocol.
- Responsibility for cleaning and maintenance of the kitchen.
- Following of current covid safety regulations.
We’d love to hear from you! Please send an application with your proposed offering to firstname.lastname@example.org