Junior Barista Trainer
Climpson & Sons are one of the pioneers of the evolving London specialty coffee scene, supplying a growing number of cafes, restaurants and businesses across London, the UK and Europe.
We are looking for a junior barista trainer to join our team.
The daily focus of the role is to educate and support our wholesale customers to a high professional standard, sharing your passion for specialty coffee and working with people to develop their coffee knowledge and standards. You need to be able to articulate the complexity of coffee to people of all abilities. You will be a key point of contact for equipment support to our customers and trouble shooting equipment will be an essential part of the role.
This is a busy role with numerous accounts with different needs, so the ability to stay organised and multi-task is a must. Our training academy in Hackney is equipped with everything you need to conduct our core and advanced training modules. We have developed an online platform and virtual training instruction, but the role may involve time on the road visiting our accounts and conducting on-site barista training.
We are looking for someone with experience working with specialty coffee and in particular someone who loves engaging with people about coffee. Whilst experience in barista training is ideal, it is not an absolute necessity and could be the perfect role for someone to take the next step in their career.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to further their career in the speciality coffee sector and to grow within our company.
- Booking and organising barista training sessions for our wholesale and retail customers
- Educating our customers to a high standard of coffee knowledge and brewing as per the Climpson & Sons training manual and modules. Virtual and in person training.
- Relationship maintenance and building: our customers require attention, visits on a regular basis and follow ups on training and equipment needs.
- Account visits (occasionally outside of London)
- Supporting and reporting to our sales and account management team on a daily basis
- Keep up with developments in coffee making and communicate them to our customers.
- Attend training “calibration” sessions and regular cuppings.
- It is expected you will provide occasional on the spot training and also may receive out-of-hours contact from customers.
- You will have a key focus on ‘trouble shooting’ and technical assistance
- Attend installations and equipment upgrades. Assisting in equipment maintenance.
- Trade shows: you will be expected to represent the company at various trade shows in the future.
Skills & Qualifications
- An outgoing personality and a passion for working with people
- A minimum of one years work experience as an educator, technician or barista trainer roles.
- A minimum of three years working in a high-end specialty coffee environment
- Enjoys travelling and meeting new people
- Exceptional coffee preparation skills and coffee knowledge
- Experience in alternative brew methods
- You will have a professional attitude and be a problem solver.
- An understanding of the ins and outs of running a cafe
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience with equipment and trouble shooting.
- London Living Wage employer, access to delicious coffee and a company with lots of passion and knowledge.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter about your experience and why you are the best person for the role to email@example.com.