Marketing & Event Coordinator
Job Description: Marketing & Events Coordinator
- Full Time
- Reporting to MD
- Monday to Friday, some weekends.
We are looking for an enthusiastic coffee lover who wants to tell the stories of coffee. This role will focus on the marketing and events aspect of our business. We want to share the Climpsons brand message and engage our customers and followers with our brand values of quality, togetherness and community, inspiration through sharing our coffee experiences and passion for creative collaboration and innovation.
The goal is to get the Climpson’s name out there by promoting the whole business through the formulation and coordination of marketing activities. We want to strike a cord with our customers and create long standing relationships and partnerships through all of our outlets both retail and wholesale.
One aspect of this role will focus on overseeing the managing and coordination of events. We have a busy 2021 with a range of coffee & training workshops, the London Coffee Festival and other industry events, product launches, cupping club and corporate events to deliver. There is also an opportunity to promote the After Hours range coming up to Christmas with tastings and events.
This year we will have a new brand launch that will require coordination and execution both internally and externally. Coordinating campaigns and communications both internally to our team, as well as to our customer base to generate revenue and create awareness will be a priority. Ongoingly, this role will also assist in the creation of content through blogs, photography, video and imagery, as well as training and troubleshooting guides. Contributing to the monthly newsletter and social media channels and promoting new coffee roll outs and communications with retail and wholesale partners.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for coffee and storytelling, who likes the varied nature of marketing and can demonstrate execution of a wide range of events. The ideal candidate can work under pressure, a can do attitude and willingness to get stuck in. The ideal candidate will have specialty coffee experience and can break down big ideas into a palatable and fun format.
Main Duties & Responsibilities: Working both proactively and reactively, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the business marketing function across all channels
- Working to the brand strategy and assisting with the role out of the new brand strategy.
- Assist in running the day to day social media.
- Creating content for retail newsletter and website
- Write and optimise content for the website and social networking accounts on an ongoing basis. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and You Tube.
- Drive people to our website through social media, Mailchimp and order emails. Retain webshop customers.
- Promote Climpson’s retail outlets - Cafe, Cart and Old Spitalfields Market.
- To work with After Hours to promote the product and create content
- Administration of the sales and marketing department's documentation and databases, filing, labelling and keeping up to date.
- Be up to date with industry trends, new products, competitor news etc.
- Create quarterly marketing reports
Events - virtual & in person:
- To assist in the planning, delivery and execution of events both virtually and for in person events.
- Plan, promote and coordinate internal events such as Cupping Club.
- Manage trade shows like London Coffee Festival and a range of corporate events.
- Create an events page on the website and other listings to position ourselves in the best way to get brand awareness, create loyalty with current customers and potential business.
- To assist in creating events packages including events quote / costings documents..
- Managing a calendar of events that is communicated to the team
- Ensuring the calendar of events is promoted across channels to the wider world
- Planning all aspects of events such as venues, logistics, requirements, coffee offering, staffing etc.
- Managing and overseeing in person events/trade shows on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing clients, and managing take-down.
- Creating sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events.
- Proven work experience in the specialty coffee industry
- Hands on experience with Design software would be an advantage
- Proven experience of hosting and running events
- Understanding of social media
- Exceptional written and verbal English
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- A team player with high level of dedication and strong customer service
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
Company benefits including: a LOT of coffee, coffee training, weekly yoga, holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and London Living Wage Employer.
If this sounds like you please send an email detailing why you would be the best person for the role and how you would approach this role as a voice of and creator for the business, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org