We are always looking for amazing baristas to join the team for our new Climpson's Coffee Bar at Old Spitalfields Market and Climpson's Cafe on Broadway Market.
Climpson & Sons are seeking a motivated person to join our production team with opportunities available as full-time and part-time production assistants. These roles are based at our roastery in London Fields and involve the packing and dispatching of coffee orders for wholesale and retail customers. With an ever-changing list of filter and espresso options this is the perfect chance to get hands on with our coffee production process.
The main duties of these roles are in assisting our production team label, pack, stack and send our coffee. Some stock taking will be required, as well as general support in packing and dispatching coffee orders to the team.
For the right candidate there may also be plenty of opportunity to develop coffee and service skills through production cupping, brewing and event assistance. Attention to detail and the ability to work as a friendly team member are a must.
Please note that this role does not actively involve or imply roasting duties or training, however brewing, tasting and training in other aspects of the supply chain will be made available and encouraged.
Please note these roles are hands-on and the roastery can be an active and noisy environment. Assistance and safety training will be provided but it is important to note that these roles do involve periods of time standing, lifting and working independently on some packing tasks.
These roles are available for an immediate start so if you don't mind early starts, hands on work and drinking great coffee then please get in touch with a short introduction and CV.
Get in touch with your CV and a cover letter detailing why you would be the best person for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The key focus for all production staff is to ensure that all wholesale and retail orders are fulfilled each day.
- This involves packing all of the roasted coffee from the previous day and ensuring that all wholesale orders are boxed and dispatched.
- This role will take ownership and assist the team with all webshop orders and deliveries, liaising with the Desk as required.
- It is expected that all production staff actively engage in the regular production and sample cupping sessions.
- The direct line of reporting is to the Production Manager whilst also working closely with the Logistics Coordinator and Head of Quality Control in arranging orders and upholding quality standards.
- An important part of upholding quality standards will also involve assisting and partaking in in-house training.
The production day starts at 8am and finishes “when the job is done”, usually around 4-5pm.