National Account Manager
Climpson & Sons are one of the pioneers of the evolving London specialty coffee scene. With two cafes of our own and proudly supplying a growing number of cafes, restaurants and businesses across London and the UK
We are looking for someone passionate about coffee and people to take on the role leading the department as the National Account Manager.
The National Account Manager oversees the activities of the wholesale customer base; maintaining relationships and retention with our diverse range of customers. The role requires leadership skills to manage the team of trainers and account managers to work towards developing long term relationships.
The role requires planning to ensure that all assigned customer accounts within the department are catered for and that their needs and expectations are met by the business. As well as working in partnership with them to improve their performance, revenue generation and ensuring long term relationships are nurtured. You will work closely with the strategically important or larger customers.
The role of the National Account Manager is to support the activities of the wholesale customer base; maintain relationships and retention.
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships with with customers
- Employ creative, educational and fun tactics for account management with support of the team; including events like monthly Cupping Club, barista engagement sessions, owner/manager spotlights or get to know sessions. Have a calendar of these.
- Set the agenda for weekly Account Management meetings to reach full potential.
- Understanding where customers are at and deciding the best course of action to help improve their coffee quality and overall business performance.
- Manage and report on customer attrition, work with the whole team to keep customer attrition rates low.
- Liaising with training, sales and logistics regularly to discuss account quality, changes to orders, new accounts etc.
- Understanding our coffee and product range and communicating the aims of each coffee to staff and customers. Inspire people about coffee.
- Review competitor activities and market trends across the industry in order to realise how best we retain high value customers.
- Manage rolling contracts of long-term customers.
- Manage a team of 4 other people to develop their areas of expertise in training, account management and tech and to provide support to them with fulfilling the above.
- Implement regular one to ones and appraisals with the team.
Skills & Qualifications
Please apply with a CV and cover letter about your experience and why you are the best person for the role to nicole @ climpsonandsons .com