Job Description: Assistant Cafe Manager August 2021
Report to: Café Manager
The job function of this role is across 2 sites as outlined below:
- Climpson & Sons: 67 Broadway Market E8 4PH
- Climpson’s Coffee Bar at Old Spitalfields Market: Pod 3 by Commercial Street, Old Spitalfields Market. London E1 6EW
At Climpson & Sons we are passionate about all things coffee. We want to share the Climpsons brand message and engage our customers and followers with our brand values of quality, togetherness and community, inspiration through sharing our coffee experiences and passion for creative collaboration and innovation.
The role of Assistant Cafe Manager is a wonderful opportunity for someone to join the Cafe Management team and ensure the seamless running of Climpson’s Cafe & Cart and Climpson’s Coffee Bar in the most efficient and effective manner on a day to day basis. Delivering the highest possible standards of service, creating a positive culture and environment, leading the team and developing coffee standards, whilst being proactive in maintaining and/or improving turnover and profitability. As the assistant manager you will be expected to hold high standards across both sites and develop the team while striving to reach new goals keeping with the brand ethos and style.
We are looking for someone passionate about coffee and customer service, who is looking to continue to develop their leadership and management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work to ensure the cafe experience is to a high standard, meeting brand and coffee standards and being a welcoming place for the community.
- Assisting the Manager and taking responsibility for the effective day to day operation of all sites.
- Assisting the Cafe Manager, MD & CD, in reviewing sales performance, agreeing targets for improvements and identifying strategies for retaining and attracting new customers and building sales and profitability.
- Work with the Café Manager to seek and maximise revenue generation opportunities and promotional initiatives opportunities.
- To ensure Climpson’s Coffee is showcased in the best possible light through staff knowledge, development of coffee standards, communicating new coffees and upselling to customers in an approachable way.
- Assist the Café Manager to develop a motivated and high performing team. Support a culture of pride, ownership and desire to exceed expectations.
- Ensure cafe food menus are consistent and reviewed on a regular basis, with seasonal menu options.
- Protect the health, safety and well being of our guests and colleagues.
- Be a change agent, constantly reviewing service delivery, consistently exceed guest expectations
- To ensure all staff are well briefed on their responsibilities and are given supervision and motivation on all aspects of their work
- Maintain and further enhance relationships within the immediate locality, namely residents, retail and office tenants. Develop a culture of actively seeking feedback from customers on a regular basis
- Agree and implement actions to continuously improve the guest experience
- Work with the Café Manager to develop a calendar of all key coffee, brand and H&S training, identifying training needs and capability gaps within the team
- To work with the Café Manager on evaluating all employees’ performance in line with job descriptions, giving job related feedback where appropriate. Work with the team to coordinate career development.
- Feed in to the larger company and attend meetings and training sessions.
Benefits: All you can drink coffee, a great team culture, coffee training, access to coffee events and cuppings, London Living Wage employer, team activities.
To apply: If this sounds like you then please get in touch to tell us a bit about yourself by emailing email@example.com