Climpson & Sons are one of the pioneers of the evolving London specialty coffee scene, supplying a growing number of cafes, restaurants and businesses across London, the UK and Europe.
We are looking for an experienced barista to join our team in the wholesale division.
The daily focus of the role is to educate and support our wholesale customers to a high professional standard, sharing your passion for specialty coffee and working with people to develop their coffee knowledge and standards. You need to be able to articulate the complexity of coffee to people of all abilities. You will be a key point of contact for equipment support to our customers and trouble shooting equipment will be an essential part of the role.
This is a busy role with numerous accounts with different needs, so the ability to stay organised and multi-task is a must. Our training academy in Hackney is equipped with everything you need to conduct our core and advanced training modules. We have developed an online platform and virtual training instruction, but the role may involve time on the road visiting our accounts and conducting on-site barista training.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to further their career in the speciality coffee sector and to grow within our company.
- Booking and organising barista training sessions for our wholesale customers
- Educating our customers to a high standard of coffee knowledge and brewing as per the Climpson & Sons training manual and modules. Virtual and in person training.
- Relationship maintenance and building: our customers require attention, visits on a regular basis and follow ups on training and equipment needs.
- Account visits (occasionally outside of London)
- Supporting and reporting to our sales and account management team on a daily basis
- Keep up with developments in coffee making and communicate them to our customers.
- Attend training “calibration” sessions and regular cuppings.
- It is expected you will provide occasional on the spot training and also may receive out-of-hours contact from customers.
- You will have a key focus on ‘trouble shooting’ and technical assistance
- Attend installations and equipment upgrades. Assisting in equipment maintenance.
- Trade shows: you will be expected to represent the company at various trade shows in the future.
Skills & Qualifications
- An outgoing personality and a passion for working with people
- A minimum of two years working in a high-end speciality coffee environment
- Desired two years work experience as an educator, technician or barista trainer roles.
- Enjoys travelling and meeting new people
- Exceptional coffee preparation skills and coffee knowledge
- Experience in alternative brew methods
- You will have a professional attitude and be a problem solver.
- An understanding of the ins and outs of running a cafe
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience with equipment and trouble shooting.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter about your experience and why you are the best person for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.