Hello coffee companion, nice to meet you!
You might have heard about us, might have met us, might have tried our coffees - we’ve been roasting specialty coffee since the crack of dawn, and we are a real coffee lover bunch pioneering coffee excellence for all with a keen eye on sustainability. Yes, it is hard to summarise 20 years in a sentence but at least we managed to do it without using the word ‘passion’!
We are the Climpsons.
In addition to our own cafes and roastery we have a wide wholesale customer base across London and also the UK but guess what, there’s always room for more! This is where you come into play.
So, what does a Sales Executive do at Climpsons?
- Prospecting and generating leads i.e. reaching out to appropriate cafes, restaurants, bars, hotels, offices, marketplaces and other coffee consuming businesses to present and sell our products and services (mainly coffee).
- This can include visits, phone calls, emails, other digital messages, postcards, sending samples etc etc. Get creative!
- The idea is to get more established and grow roots in West London, so this will be your area of focus.
- Handling incoming sales enquiries by responding quickly and starting a conversation with potential customers.
- We are looking for the right partners so qualifying these leads will be an essential part of your job, also building a strong bridge between new customers and our Account Managers, Trainers and Logistics Team.
You’ll be working alongside the UK Sales Manager, another Sales Executive and the Commercial Director as well as coordinating with ALL other Climpson departments such as logistics, training and account management, marketing, production and even After Hours.
The job is focused on the coffee side of Climpsons, however you will be naturally involved in our ancillary range (tea, hot chocolate, chai and matcha), and may be involved in some After Hours sales (Espresso Martini and Midnight Oil).
As part of our offering you will also promote coffee making equipment to customers, mainly espresso machines, grinders, brewing equipment, water filters and hot water equipment.
Looking for someone who:
- Has minimum 2-3 years of experience in specialty coffee with minimum 1 year in a sales related role. We do provide training, however you have to be familiar with the basics of sales: leads, pipelines, pitching, closing (especially closing :), and have some success under your belt.
- Enjoys talking about coffee, meeting new people and being out and about.
- Is organised and has attention to detail. Has persistence and patience to follow up and follow through.
- Is open minded, optimistic and has a can do attitude.
The job is based out of the Climpsons HQ (Helmsley Place, Hackney) but will be a mixture of office based work and fieldwork with great emphasis on the latter!
Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Occasional work outside office hours may be required but not the norm
UK Sales Manager
1st April 2022
TBC - annual salary with potential of additional sales incentives (commission)
Other Benefits: Free weekly yoga session, all the coffee you can drink, company get-togethers and social events; monthly cupping clubs; access to a bunch of awesome, experienced coffee professionals.
Get in touch.
If this sounds like you please get in touch with your cv and cover letter; detailing why you would be the best person for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org