Climpson & Sons are one of the pioneers of the evolving London specialty coffee scene, supplying a growing number of cafes, restaurants and businesses across London, the UK and Europe.
We are looking for a Technician to join the Climpsons’s Team. The ideal candidate has a demonstrable experience in specialty coffee and has minimum 1 year experience in providing technical support with equipment.
A key strategic objective for Climpson & Sons is to retain the current customer base and provide an exceptional level of customer support and service. The focus must be on building a strong support system for each customer with a quick reaction time, excellent record keeping and proactive problem solving.
The role of the technician is to provide an easily accessible, friendly and communicative technical support service for all of Climpson & Sons wholesale customers. The technician must balance the annual services scheduled with reactive, urgent care when needed. The technician should provide a clear line of communication between all departments so that customer queries and emergencies can be dealt with quickly, efficiently and effectively to minimise any negative impact on the customers’ business. The technician is expected to spend their time outside of call outs performing rebuilds, troubleshooting via phone and email and teaching maintenance classes. The key to the role is to ensure that you follow up and follow through to ensure accuracy and accountability to customers and the Climpsons team.
This role is operational, based between the Tech Area in our East London Roastery and HQ, as well as on site supporting wholesale customers. Ideally you will have a full drivers license.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing the current calendar of scheduled maintenance, water filters and installs alongside the Technical Administrator.
- Trouble shooting and diagnostic support.
- Responsible for proactively booking services and systematic care (e.g water filter changes). This may involve logistical arrangements such as travel etc.
- Taking responsibility for performing mini services including changing seals, shower screens, handles, basket springs etc., for certain major group customers
- Managing maintenance timetable and ordering necessary stock parts to complete maintenance.
- Responding to emails and calls from customers in a timely, professional manner and working to resolve issues proactively.
- Install coffee machinery alongside manufacturers and dial in/set up equipment ready for use by customers including basic operator training (use of machinery).
- Front end servicing
- Manage, complete and file appropriate paperwork such as job sheets or warranty claims.
- Continue growing knowledge and training by attending courses and practical classes with suppliers e,g BWT, LM, Conti.
- Leading maintenance workshops for customers to encourage learning and reduce call-outs, under the guidance of the Head Trainer.
- Support administrative and logistics departments proactively to deliver all round care outside of technical needs when necessary.
- This role is 5 days per week - 4 week days plus Saturdays
Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of two years working in a high-end speciality coffee environment in desired
- A minimum of 1 years experience working in technical support
- Proven experience and understanding of coffee equipment - coffee machines, grinders, water filtration
- A full drivers license
- Employs a professional attitude and be a problem solver.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English and right to work in the UK
- Proficiency in Excel
- All you can drink specialty coffee
- Reduced rates on food & beverage at Climpson's Cafe and Brat.
- Weekly yoga at a reduced rate
- Opportunities to learn and develop your coffee and management skills
- Staff BBQs and events
- Flexible working opportunities
- London Living Wage Employer and Pending Bcorp