som saa residency at Climpson’s Arch
som saa have taken over at Climpson’s Arch! The brains behind the operation are Chef Andy Oliver and FOH Extraordinaire Tom George, who have transformed the Arch into a 40 seat bar and restaurant, serving dinner Thursday through Sunday and Brunch on the Weekend. They are going next level with lesser known dishes from the Northern and North-eastern provinces of Thailand.
The pair have transformed the Arch into a 40 seat bar and restaurant with a warm and buzzy atmosphere. Open Thursday through Sunday, som saa will serve everything from sharing dishes for four, to fiery Thai bar snacks, all doused with Asian inspired cocktails and a range of craft beer and wine. With retro Thai decor, truly authentic flavours from the kitchen and memorable drinks, the experience will transport visitors to small town Thailand for the night.
Classic Thai brunch dishes such as Chinese doughnuts and rice porridge with crispy pork will be served at weekends, alongside a special Thai coffee from Doi Chaang village.
Andy is an experienced chef who has built a deep understanding of Thai cuisine and culture having worked in Thai kitchens for nearly a decade. He trained under David Thompson at the Michelin starred Nahm and at Bo.lan in Bangkok.
At the Arch, Andy has developed a menu that reflects his personal passion for the rustic cuisine of the Northern and North-Eastern provinces. It embraces a style of shared eating that is simply the norm in rural and provincial Thailand.
Andy says: “Som saa is all about bringing a range of authentic dishes from a broad and under-represented cuisine, directly to Londoners. Our aim is to showcase these incredibly diverse dishes using the best ingredients we can possibly source.”
Example dishes include:
- khao thort si naem - crispy rice croquette with fermented pork, peanuts and ginger.
- Gaeng hung lay - Northern style pork curry with pickled garlic and ginger
- Salted palm sugar ice cream with sesame fried Asian banana
- Beer Lao in cans.
- Muay Thai Kick, a knockout combination of Gin, Thai basil, lime, sugar and basil seeds
- Kaffir Lime G&Ts (with the almost impossible to find fresh kaffir limes)
- Imperial Fizz (prosecco, jasmine silver needle tea, yellow chartreuse)
- Carefully chosen wine list with some rare 'by the glass' wine choices.
Make a booking via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday: Dinner 6pm -11pm
Friday: Dinner 6pm-11pm
Saturday Brunch: 11am - 4pm
Saturday Dinner: 6pm - 11pm
Sunday Brunch: 11am - 4pm
Sunday Dinner: 6pm - 11pm