Is the V60 your brew of choice? Let this Climpson's brew guide help you to create the best pour-over possible!
You'll need A V60 brewer, SCALES, grinder, freshly roasted coffee, filtered water, filter papers, a kettle, a cup, a stirrer and a timer.
1) Boil your kettle
2) Weigh out and grind your coffee. We recommend 60g of coffee per litre of water, ground to a granulated sugar consistency.
3) Insert your filter and pre-wet paper and vessel.
4) Add your coffee and get your timer ready.
5) Pour your just off the boil water gently over the coffee (approx 3 times the weight of water to coffee used), and gently stir, ensuring all grounds are wet.
6) Wait for 30-45 seconds
7) Add the rest of your water in 1 min, gently ensuring you only pour on the coffee, not the paper. Do this in a circular motion.
8) Give the V60 a gentle swirl once all the water has been added.
9) You are looking for all the water to have drained through between 2.5 to 3 mins.
If the coffee is too intense or harsh, use less coffee.
If the coffee is weak and watery, use more coffee.
If the coffee is bitter, grind coarser next time.
If the coffee is flat, sharp or sour, then grind finer next time.
If the coffee is juicy, rich and sweet, then neck it!!