Brew Guide (Cafetiere)
Brewing a Cafetiere using the Bodum
For this one, you're going to need a cafetiere - obviously, we recommend the Bodum Brazil, you'll also need a kettle, filtered water, grinder, scales and some roasted coffee.
- First, go ahead and boil your kettle
- Weigh out and grind your coffee. You're going to want to weight out 80g of coffee per litre of water, ground like sea salt.
- Place your cafetiere on your scales, with your ground coffee inside and tare to zero.
- Add all your just off the boil water in one go and stir a couple of times to make sure all the coffee is saturated.
- Allow to steep for 4 mins, then remove the top crust with a spoon.
- Insert the plunger, and press gently.
- Pour and enjoy.
If the coffee is too strong and heavy, use less coffee or brew for less time.
If the coffee is weak and thin, use more coffee or brew for longer.
If the coffee is bitter, grind coarser next time
If the coffee is sharp, sour or flat, grind finer next time.
If the coffee is just right, grab a pal and share a brew together.